12mm diameter, 133 stranded solid core galvanised steel cable straddle strap.
“Tree-Happy” protecting tubing.
400cm ( 13 ft ) long to wrap around a tree of up to 120cm diameter. Loops weld both ends to be attached by a shackle to a tensioner or other device.
The cable has a machined heavy duty ferrule with hard eyes at both ends.
Zip Wire Essential Cable Details:
- 12mm diameter.
- 7×19 – strand configuration unlike the trolley cable this does not have to be smooth so uses the cheaper hexagonal shaped profile.
- Solid Core – the hidden core of cable is steel not fibre as found in cheap cable which will give to much stretch and the correct tension will not be achieved).
- Galvanized – outdoor weather protection using a zinc coating to of the steel in order to prevent rusting.
- Hard Eye – used to aid fixing allowing fitting into the jaw of a turnbuckle.
- Machined Ferrule Clamp – gives the ultimate strength to cable assembly – better than manual clamps.
- Certification Stamp – Test certificate number stamped on Ferrule stamp for reassurance of quality.
- Heat-shrink – covers lose strands at dead end to meet safety standards.
“Tree-Happy” PVC Tubing – Prevents the cable cutting into, and damaging tree bark.
This item meets an EN1176-4:2017 compliant installation when installed following the safety guidelines.